CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 19 April 2010

Long time no see!

Wow... my own blog! Feeling the pressure to write a good first entry. And that those words are entirely the wrong ones to start off with... oh, well. My name is Kate. Oh, and you're reading the first nerveracking post on Smile. Hope you're not bored already. I have my fingers crossed severely!
I suppose I better tell you what I've been doing today. I've been learning averages. I know! Mean and Mode and Median and Range... why is there four different ways of finding the average? Don't get it, and my gut feeling tells me you won't either. These maths teachers expect us to be childhood geniuses, mini (or not-so-mini) Albert Einstein's. Maybe the person next to me - but in 10 years time I'm not gonna be coaching Year Sevens algebra, dodging paper planes and getting ticked off by kids ten years younger...
Had a science test too, with my lovely teacher Mrs Litherland. She's got bouncy red hair and posh brown specs, and a total tree-hugger (in a blazer). I think she's fab! The test was to draw a poster of the chemical and physical changes in a burning candle. Charlotte, one of best friends, got a after-school detention for talking, and in history next lesson we copied out a worksheet about modestries and monks who were naughty and wore comfy clothes instead of rough sacks.
Entertaining.
Not really. I'm interested in anything mischieveous or fun that any of you lot have been doing, though. Leave a comment about it, and I'll mension it in my next post. I hope you haven't stopped reading! I'm not boring you, am I? If not, give me a bell (or a comment, whichever suits you!) and I'll reply as soon as I can.
Lots of love, far-away hugs, dreams, wishes and buckets of gummy bears!
Kate xx

P.S. I'd like to say that Let's Call It A Journey, the blog written by Amber, 11, is amazing and I think you should go over there and check it out. It really is brilliant! x

2 laughing thoughts...:

Amber Kirk-Ford

Aww thanks for the PS! :-) And I really enjoyed your first post.

Kate-Ann

Thanks - am looking forword to your next one on your blog! X

Post a Comment

Hey! I love love love to hear comments from your guys, on how I can make things better or just about the topic or post. Remember though, I will delete any bad ones, but I don't think I will get any of those! Love, Kate x